Our commitment to fair trade
Here at Lumina Jewellery we are committed to ethical and fair trade. For us, fair trade is more than just a label to print on our packaging, more than brand guidelines to comply with, it is the very basis of who we are and what we do.
As part of this commitment to ethical trade, Lumina Jewellery is a registered member of the British Association of Fair Trade Shops and Suppliers, or simply BAFTS.
BAFTS members are not only expected to pay a fair price for their goods, this is just common human decency, they are also expected to:
- support producer organisations in their social and environmental projects,
- promote gender equality in pay and working conditions,
- advise on product development to increase access to markets,
- commit to long term relationships to provide stability and security,
- campaign to highlight the unequal system of world trade which places profit above human rights and threatens our environment.
These are all ideals which we at Lumina Jewellery find very close to our heart, which is why the decision to become a member of BAFTS was not a commercial one but a personal one borne of our love for our fellow man.
To find out more about BAFTS visit www.bafts.org.uk